Ok, we messed up - we didn't get an order for a new batch of Papilio DUO boards in before the Chinese New Year and we have run out of inventory. We have a new batch of Papilio DUO's being manufactured as we speak and they should be ready around the middle of March. To make up for our mistake we are offering a limited time deal. For anyone willing to order the Papilio DUO and wait while this batch is being manufactured we will throw in a Shield of your choice. So order a Papilio DUO now and wait for the manufacturing to finish and get a free LogicStart or Computing Shield as our apology for the wait. Or if you order any of the DUO bundles you will automatically get the Shield that is not included in the bundle you ordered. So if you get the LogicStart Shield bundle then you get a free Computing Shield and vice versa.
The Computing Shield DUO Bundle by Gadget Factory is HERE! We have designed this bundle keeping classic computing platforms in mind. Computing Shield DUO Bundle includes the following:
- Papilio DUO - allowing you the ability to draw up circuits without investing time and energy in learning VHDL/Verilog.
- Computing Shield - provides all of the hardware needed to recreate classic computing systems on the Papilio DUO.
The combination will present you with the ability to easily run FPGA Arcade games at a low cost and so much more!
Papilio DUO comes at two different versions of DUO 512k SRAM and the DUO 2mb SRAM.
Papilio DUO’s key highlights:
- Draw and also debug circuits on a chip
- No soldering, bread boarding, or specialized programming languages needed
- Convenience and ease of adapting FPGA into your creative collections
The Computing Shield’s key highlights
- A microSD socket that provides several Gigabytes worth of file system space for classic computing systems
- Classic Computing Shield VGA
- Classic Computing Shield Sound
- Classic Computing Shield Joystick
- The RS232 serial port provides RS232 voltage levels to peripherals
- Computing Shield Directional Buttons
- Computing Shield LEDs
- The Computing Shield has two PS/2 ports that can be used to connect a keyboard and mouse
The combination of the Papilio DUO and Computing Shield have been put together by Gadget Factory for convenience and savings while keeping classic computing in mind.
Use RomVault to load games to the Papilio DUO and Computing Shield: